Wednesday, May 05, 2010

To the cinema : Iron Man 2


Yup, there is something about the movies these days with the word "man" in them. Haha. And after watching 2 movies in 2 days, I think it will be quite a while before we go for another one.

Anyway, back to Iron Man 2. Honestly, I'm not as impressed as I was with the first one. But at least, in my opinion, it was not as bad as some other sequels had been. At least it was  entertaining, not the "wow" kind, but the "oh ok" kind. And thinking back to the movie, there was actually not much of a storyline. I thought it was just to show off all the high-tech technologies and to impress audience with the animations. Other than that, it was like the team just tried to put together a movie just for the sake of a sequel. Even the action parts of the movie were not too exciting, with the bad guy struck down so fast when he was portrayed as such a genius? And what exactly is Scarlett Johansson doing in there? I can see the whole movie going on smoothly even without her. Unless it was like the rumours going around that there will be another movie with her character in it, Captain America and Thor...

Personally, I feel that there is only one climatic moment for Iron Man and Iron Man 2, that is the part where Tony Stark actually admitted that he is the superhero. So, with that already done, I didn't have much expectations for the sequel. I thought the point of being superhero is to be anonymous? Or maybe Iron Man just wants to be different from the other superheroes?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP