Monday, August 11, 2008

Flying in the rain


Thanks to my generous Uncle Martin, I got to take the famous Singapore Flyer for free yesterday. But no thanks to the weather, we only got a quick glance around as the capsule sets off, then it was rain, rain and more rain.

Super heavy rain. (and with some red and white balloons stuck to the wheel, most probably leftovers from the NDP on Saturday)

Buildings in Shenton Way


The floating platform

The Marina Barrage


I'm not sure if you can see clearly from the picture, but according to the guide with us in the capsule, he said that the exterior wall of the Conrad Hotel actually showed a number "13" (circled in red). I didn't managed to catch all the explanation, but the gist of it was that it had something to do with the Cantonese pronounciation of 13, which is actually meant to be good for business.

A miniature model of the upcoming IR

I thought it was good to have a guide to explain all that we were seeing from the capsule. It was all in all, quite a good experience (minus the rain and the ticket price). I'm sure it would be even better when the IRs are up, which I highly suspect that the ticket price will follow "up" as well.

A pity that it was pouring yesterday, and that we couldn't really see too far. But if there's anyone who is kind enough to sponsor me for another trip when the weather is good, I don't mind going again. Heh.

1 comments:

Anonymous August 11, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

what i heard from my fren regarding conrad hotel when he took the river cruise was, conrad was initially build with no 13th floor, but after consultation w fengshui, they realised tt they need 13 so in order to accomplish tis, the had the 13 on the exterior of the building.. n really conrad has a 13 on the exterior cos i saw it from NTUC building hahaha :p

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP