Saturday, August 09, 2008

Ice Cream Cake

Don't be misled by the title of this dessert. It doesn't require you to make the ice-cream from scratch. It's more of like mixing whatever that you like with pure vanilla ice-cream, that's all. Simple, right? :)


I actually followed half of the stated ingredients, and for the other half, used whatever I liked. I was thinking of using chocolate biscuits as stated, but found this instead.


I have never eaten this before, but it looks good, and I thought it will go well with ice-cream. I sneaked one as I was making it and it tasted good. :) I guess the warning stated on the package saying "Highly Addictive", is quite true.

I got the rough guide of how to do it from a Youtube video of Nigella

Ice Cream Cake

Ingredients :

- 1.5 litres of vanilla ice-cream, softened

- a Crunchy bar
- 150g chocolate biscuits
- 200g chocolate chips / white chocolate chips
- 100g honey-coated peanuts

Directions :
1. Put the Crunchy bar and chocolate biscuits together and bash them up.

2. Mix in the ice-cream, chocolate chips and peanuts and stir all together.

3. Line a tin with cling wrap. Then pour the well-mixed ice-cream into the container.

4. Put the mixture into the freezer.

3 comments:

Anonymous August 11, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

I have never heard of a clodhopper before, ha. :]

The girls i babysit absolutly love nerds. Ill try this with them tomorrow- itll be interesting to see what we come up with.

Thanks!

Anonymous August 12, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

hi skellington,

i'm sure the girls will like it. maybe they can even help to pick out what they want to add into the ice-cream.

thanks for dropping by. :)

Anonymous August 22, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

it was super yummy! loved it!

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP