Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stir-fry cucumber with dried shrimps


This is a really simple dish that I learnt from my grandma years ago. I was giving full time private tuition at that time, and so, we usually had our lunch together most of the days. And because her health was not too good, I would cook the meals, unless she craved for some hawker food. Though she had been gone for a few years, I was really thankful for that period of time I had shared with her. There were so many things that I had learnt from her.

Anyway, here is the recipe :

Stir-fry cucumber with dried shrimps

Ingredients :

- 1 cucumber, skin off, de-seeded and cut into strips
- a handful of dried shrimps
- cooking oil
- light soy sauce for taste

Directions :

1) Heat up the cooking oil in a frying pan and add in the dried shrimps. Lightly fry the dried shrimps till fragrant.

2) Add in the cucumber strips and mix well with the dried shrimps, for about 2-3 minutes. Pour in a little water and cover the pan to let the cucmber cook itself.

3) When steam starts to escape, remove the cover and add in some light soy sauce for taste. Mix well.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP