Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tomato Garlic Cheese Bread


For this quick breakfast, I didn't really follow any recipe. I took a bit from different recipes here and there to come up with this. Actually, the tomatoes should be the big ones, instead of cherry tomatoes. However, the tomatoes at the NTUC at my place were all green and unripe, so I had to make do with cherry tomatoes. And for the bread, I bought the Gardenia Multigrain Country loaf for a change instead of a baguette. The multigrain loaf might not turn out to be as hard as a baguette after toasting, but I really like the final taste of the whole thing.


Tomato Garlic Cheese Bread

serves about 6 slices

Ingredients :

- 1 tablespoon of garlic and herb spread
- 1 teaspoon of mayo
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, cut into cubes
- bread
- shredded mozzarella cheese (amount depends on how cheesy you like your bread to be)

Directions :

1) Preheat the oven. (I did it at 100 deg Celsius)

2) Mix the garlic and herb spread together with the mayo, and spread it onto the bread.

3) Scatter the tomatoes onto the spread, and then cover it with mozzarella.

4) Lay a sheet of aluminium foil on a baking tray and place the bread on it to toast. (There is no specific time for this, but I took the bread out once the cheese melts.)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP