Monday, July 06, 2009

Strawberry Sorbet


I've been wanting to try making strawberry sorbet ever since I stumbled upon it on My Kitchen Snippets, a blog I read regularly. But it's not easy to find cheap and good strawberries in Singapore. So, when I saw the US strawberries on offer in NTUC, I made a grab for 5 boxes immediately.

I must say the sorbet turned out good (at least for my own standard), and not too sweet. As I didn't have an ice-cream maker at home, I had to follow the instructions to stir every hour to get rid of the ice at the sides for 6 hours before freezing it completely. I found that this method, though abit tiring, worked quite well for the final texture of the sorbet, as compared to the Cantaloupe Sorbet.

Strawberry Sorbet (recipe from here)

Ingredients :

- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 pounds of strawberry
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice

Directions :

1) Put water and sugar in heavy saucepan over high heat until sugar dissolves. Boil 5 minutes. Leave it to cool.

2) Puree strawberries in food processor until smooth. Add strawberry puree , orange and lemon juices to cool sugar syrup; stir to blend. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.

3) If you are making the sorbet in ice-cream maker process strawberry mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions or place mixture in shallow container and freeze, stirring every hour until set, about 6 hours.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP