Friday, July 24, 2009

Spaghetti with Parmesan and tomatoes


As the recipe looks simple and fast enough, I decided to try it out one evening for a one-person dinner. There was no need to make any trip to the supermarket as I had everything on hand, including the cherry tomatoes I had left from the garlic toast previously. I was quite surprised that, despite it looking quite plain from the photo, the dish was tasty. As for the pecorino romano cheese mentioned in the original recipe, I did some research for a substitute and, what did you know, grated parmesan was the chosen one.

Spaghetti with Parmesan and tomatoes (Original recipe from here)

4 servings

- 1 (14.5 ounce) package multi-grain pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- salt


Directions :

1) Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Cook according to package directions. Strain pasta but reserve 1/2 cup of the water.

2) Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add pepper. Cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes cook 30 seconds.

3) Pour reserved pasta water into the skillet. Return pasta to the skillet, sprinkle with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Toss continually until cheese melts. Add salt if desired. Cook 3 minutes, the water should absorb. Sprinkle with a little more cheese and serve.

Note : I didn't add any salt to this dish as I know the cheese will be salty enough for me.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP