Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Chicken Burger


I bought a $5.95 cookbook called "Step-by-step Quick Short Chicken Recipes". I was pleasantly surprise to see that the ingredients called for in the cookbook are actually quite readily available here, though it was from Australia.

For my burger tonight, I only followed the recipe briefly because by the time I went to NTUC after work, there were already no more spring onions, and coriander which are used together for the patty. So, I used my dried rosemary leaves as replacement.

Also, I've added a fried egg to the burger. As for the sauce, I mixed 1 tablespoon of mayo and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, something which I got from another sandwich recipe.


Chicken Patties

4 servings

Ingredients :
- 500g minced chicken
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) (can add on if you prefer spicy patties)

Directions :
1. Mix together all the ingredients, except the oil and lemon. Season with salt and pepper and shape the mixture into 4 patties. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before cooking.

2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the patties and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes in each side, or until browned and cooked through.

3. Squeeze the lemon on the cooked patties and serve with a salad or use to make burgers.

1 comments:

Anonymous May 8, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

looks yummy! now i've got another place to look for recipes. ;)

anyway, do i know you?

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP