Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gong Zai Mian (公仔面)


I could still remember my very first "encounter" with Gong Zai Mian. It was my very first trip to Hong Kong with the husband (then boyfriend) and my girl friend. We had randomly stepped into a modest eatery for lunch and were browsing through the menu on the wall when this dish caught my eye. It sounded like something quite interesting and since I am more of a noodle person, I placed an order for it. And imagine our surprise when it arrived... instant noodles with a sunny-side up, luncheon meat and some vegetables.

So with some leftover luncheon meat, Gong Zai Mian came to mind. From the few blog posts I read, the instant noodles must be Nissin's Chu Qian Yi Ding (出前一丁). And this is such a simple meal that can be whipped up quickly and cheaply, it's atrocious how much those Hong Kong Cafes here charge for this dish.

And apologies if the egg didn't look as appealing as a sunny-side coz I'm not a fan of uncooked egg yolk. ;p

2 comments:

rbm December 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

hahaha,and i always eat this at those HK cafes! for me i call it 餐蛋面 cos i rem it being called this name somewhere, but i forgot where. i'm a fan of it! but i'm surprised tt a certain brand of noodles be used...haha..

levynn December 29, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

alamak... next time i make for u la... charge u half price for the cafe price i still earn $$... haha

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP