Sunday, March 09, 2008

Herbed potatoes

I had these 3 poor potatoes that had been staying in my fridge for quite some time. So since I was feeling quite sick of outside food, I decided to find a way to get rid of the potatoes. Came across this recipe and decided to make use of it as a guide to make dinner tonight. So here it is, a simple dish I came up with:

Ok, ok... I know this looks something more like breakfast than dinner. But who cares? As long as it can help me get rid of some stuffs from the fridge and fill our tummies, anything goes.



My herbed potatoes



2 servings



Ingredients:

- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

Directions :
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 12 minutes. Drain, and set aside.

2. In a large frying pan, heat up some oil, and add in the onions. Give the onions a few stirs before adding in the potatoes.

3. When the potatoes are slightly browned, add in the salt, dried oregano and black pepper. Cook for a few more minutes then take it off the fire. Cover to keep warm.

Then from here onwards, you can decide if you want to eat it that way, or to scramble some eggs like I did. For the eggs, I added some garlic salt and black pepper as it cooked.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP