Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fried mealworm snack

One of the teachers from the school came into our office, pushed the box of fried mealworms under our noses, and strongly encouraged us to take one and try. Fear Factor popped into mind instantly, of course. I stared at the already-dead, straight, stiff, oil-covered worms and was wondering whether to take it when Ray commented that it tasted a bit like almonds.

Being the only female in the room, of course I have to show that we, ladies are not all squealing and disgusted when it comes to stuff like that. So, while all the manly males picked the whole worm, which I can distinctly see the head, with the tiny eyes all the way to the end, I'm not ashamed to say I picked out only half of a worm. Surprisingly, it was empty inside, no tiny intestines or whatever, it was just empty, like a straw.

As for the taste, it was indescribable... nothing like the almonds Ray mentioned. It was like some dried stuff... with the thin membrane-like covering feeling like the thin coverings of peanuts, and the taste was... well, wormy. I felt myself giving it 2 tiny bites before washing that half body down with a whole mouthful of water. There was a strong after-taste... which was immediately covered by a mentos sweet.

I can only imagine how it tastes like when alive, and moving... like those shown in Fear Factor... eeewwww...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP