Monday, May 10, 2010

Earl Grey Tea Sorbet


I can't remember when was the last time I made desserts. So when my mother sms-ed me to say that we will be celebrating Mother's Day at my grandma's place, and asked me to either make or buy some desserts, I knew it was time. And since the weather had been scorching these days, I thought sorbet would be the perfect thing to make. And not to mention, simple too. :)

I got the recipe from a video here.

Earl Grey Tea Sorbet

Ingredients :

- 3 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 Earl Grey teabags
- juice of 1 lemon

Directions :

1) Put the water and sugar together in a pot and bring it to a rolling boil. (Try to maintain a low and consistent heat, and ensure all sugar has melted but at the same time not burnt)

2) Add the 6 teabags into the syrup and take it off the heat.

3) Let the teabags rest in the syrup for about 30 minutes before removing them.

4) If the mixture is not completely cooled at this time, stick the pot into the fridge and let it cool.

5) Once it has cooled down, add in the juice of 1 lemon. If you have an ice-cream maker, just pour the mixture in it and leave it to do the rest of the work. 

If you do not have an ice-cream maker  :

- Put a glass dish into your freezer to cool it. When you are done with the final mixture, take out the glass dish from the freezer and put the mixture into it. Cover it with cling wrap and pop it back into the freezer. 

- After 30 minutes or so, check the mixture. If the sides of the dish is starting to freeze, use a fork to break down the pieces and put it back into the freezer again.

- Do this after every 30 minutes until you get the consistency you want. I've read that the best is to do it for 8 hours or so, if you really want a smooth professional-like consistency.

Note : I've got feedback about the final product being too sweet. So if you do not have a very sweet tooth, you might consider reducing the amount of sugar a little.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP