Thursday, March 04, 2010

Creamy Mushroom and Ham Pasta

Apologies first to those who might stumble accidentally upon this post, thinking there is some wonderfully delicious creamy pasta. Well, I may not have the perfect photo, but I have the recipe.


I know. You are probably wondering where is the "creamy" part of this dish. It looks so 'pale' and not that appetizing. You might even wonder whether those are tiny bits of scrambled eggs. I guess they are. Sort of.

After the success of the creamy shrimp pasta the night before, I decided to be more 'adventurous' and try my hand at cream + egg combi. (since I still had about half cup of sour cream leftover from the day before) I often read about how difficult it is to make a cream sauce with eggs in it, coz the amount of heat needs to be right so that the eggs won't scrambled, but remain smooth and creamy, like that of a carbonara sauce. But as you can see, mine didn't turned out like that at all.

I was thinking whether or not it was a good idea to put up this 'failed' attempt. But then, it might be a good reference for me, if, and when, I decide to try it again in the future. Also, it didn't taste as bad as it looks. Lucky for me.

Creamy Mushroom and Ham Pasta (recipe adapted from : The Australian Women's Weekly Pasta Cookbook)
4 servings

Ingredients :

- 250g fusilli pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 4 bacon rashers, sliced thinly (I used 2 slices of ham instead)
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts (Couldn't find this, so I omitted it)
- 250g mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions :

1) Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.

2) Heat oil in pan; cook onion, bacon and pine nuts, stirring until onion is soft. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring, until mushrooms are soft. Stir in combined sour cream, egg, cheese and parsley; stir over low heat until heated through. Serve over pasta.

1 comments:

spyder March 4, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

something special, though, i think can be perfected.. its still a refreshing way of eating pasta! =)

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP