Tuesday, December 30, 2008

End Of 2008

The end of 2008 is here. Times really flies, I am moving on to my 30s soon, though I still cannot accept the fact, but I guess thats part of life. 2008 has been a year of many experiences for me, mostly bad ones.

Poor Judgement of Characters - More than 5 years in my work and though I am meeting new characters every now and then, it never struck me that there are more characters in this world than meets the eye.. I have met many kind souls, but 2008 has been one where I see quite a few evil ones.. Bad people who I will stay away from.. From the number of people I have seen this year, it really opened up my naive mind that there are more scheming people out there than I thought there are.. Hope I meet more kind souls in future.. :P

Economy Downturn Wordwide - the cycle predicted to come finally came and it came in one swift swoop, with major banking and financial companies all taking very massive blows that no one dares even think of whose next.. Hopefully, what and all that needed to happen, has happened and the World can move on from here.. Might have a few more minor hiccups and hopefully, by 2009, things can really get into the swing towards recovery.. Lesson learnt here, NOTHING in life is constant, things CHANGE.. and always expect the UNEXPECTED..



What have I achieved in 2008?? I think career wise, I maintained what I had in 2007, maybe a slight improvement, a good and healthy grow in general line of business, qualifying for a mini club.. :) Mind wise, I think I have to grow to think much more deeper and think further in the years ahead as I am getting older by the day.. Health wise, I better buck up, and cut down on supper, salty foods and try to get a little more exercise..



For me personally, 2008 would be a year to remember, for mostly the wrong things..

  1. Credit Crunch leading to World Economy Downturn
  2. Milk Poisoning scare
  3. Singapore Flyer stops turning
  4. F1 Night Race in Singapore
  5. Manchester United clinching the League Champions, European Champions League and just recently, the World Club Cup in Japan.. :)
  6. China Earthquake
  7. Mumbai Terrorist killing Singaporean.
  8. My trip to Shen Zhen that really open part of my mind and thinking.. Singapore is just so so small..

So much more to remember and so much more things to learn from..

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP