Thursday, November 27, 2008

The boy from my past


I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with this fellow here. But I was really excited to see the books for sale at Harris. The stories were set in the school and around classmates, a little like Totto-Chan, except that one was in France, the other in Japan, and Nicholas was much more mischevious than Totto-Chan.


I remember the first time I got to know Nicholas was through my father. The stories were translated in Chinese instead of English as sold in the bookstores now. I forgot where he got the book from, but I could still remember it was light blue in colour, with a drawing of Nicholas and his classmates on the cover. My father has been encouraging my sisters and I to read Chinese books since young and I was glad he got Nicholas' story for me as it was one of the most fun and enjoyable book I've ever came across. Here is a story taken from one of the books.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP