Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cocoa Powder Brownies


A few months after getting the can of half-used cocoa powder and half a bottle of vanilla essence from Qing, I finally found a recipe that can put both to good use.

I have been wanting to try brownies for a while now but all recipes I saw yield quite a large amount and instead of using cocoa powder, they need to melt chocolates from scratch. So imagine my delight when I finally found this particular recipe, which not only includes ingredients I already have on hand, but also do not produce too much, just in case it doesn't turn out right and I had to dump them.

The only thing that didn't come out really right was the size of the baking tray I used. As mine was an oven-toaster, I didn't specifically buy any other sizes of baking tray. So what I had was a little bigger than what was suggested in the recipe and thus, my brownies turned out to be a little thinner than usual. But other than that, all was well. :)

Mom's Cocoa Powder Brownies (recipe from : Recipezaar)

Ingredients :

- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)


Directions :

1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.

2. Bake at 350 Fahrenheit (about 175 degrees Celsius) for 25 to 30 minutes in an 8x8 or 9x9 pan.

3. Allow to cool before cutting.

2 comments:

Anonymous July 27, 2008 at 1:21 AM  

your BROWNies look like BLACKies!

Anonymous July 29, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

pass with flying colors :P

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP