Friday, July 11, 2008

Baked Cheese French Fries


Ok, don't get too excited, or get your expectations too high. As you can already see from the picture, these cheese fries ain't nothing like your KFC, or New York Pizza's one. (note : if you haven't tried New York Pizza's cheese fries, click on the link and go try it once you found an outlet near you. Yes, immediately.)

Anyway, back to my very pale home-style cheese fries. Got some potatoes and cheese I needed to get rid of, so thus this idea. The baked fries were surprisingly quite tasty by themselves, but some got stuck to the baking tray as I tried to turn them halfway through the baking time.

I didn't dare to bake for too long after I added the cheese in case the top got dried up, and won't have the "stringy" effect when I eat them. All in all, not that bad (I'm quite easily satisfied, especially with my own cooking. haha...). But something to note though, too much of it is definitely going to make you feel slightly sick... coz after a while, everything will start to get too "cheesy".

As for the recipe, I used 2 separate ones (originals : Baked French Fries, Bacon Cheese Fries) from All Recipes and combine them into one, editing to how I made my cheese fries.

Baked Cheese French Fries

1 serving

Ingredients :

- 1 large baking potato (I used Russet potato)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- a sprinkle of Cheddar cheese over the fries (amount depends on how cheesy you want it to turn out)

Directions :
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).

2. Cut potato into wedges. Mix olive oil, garlic salt and together. Coat potatoes with oil/spice mixture and place on a baking sheet.

3. Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven.

4. Sprinkle cheese over the fries, then bake for another 1 - 2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.

3 comments:

Anonymous July 15, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

can i not use baked potatoes but those ready-cut frozen french fries?

Anonymous July 15, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

hq...

of coz can use frozen fries. :) going to try??

Anonymous July 27, 2008 at 1:23 AM  

NEWYORKPIZZA NOT NICE!!! the best cheesefries come from Outback Steakhouse. heh

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP