Sunday, December 23, 2007

Bad breakfast

I think yesterday marked the last time that we would ever had breakfast at Cafe Cartel. Thinking it had been some time since we tried the breakfast sets, we decided to go for it at the IMM outlet.

He ordered the Ultimate Delight Breakfast which comes with 2 pieces of french toasts, a piece of pancake, 2 sunny-side up, bacon, sausages and a muffin. I ordered the Ham & Cheese Omelette, which comes with a hashbrown, muffin and some veg.

One bite into my omelette and I know I won't ever try it again. It was completely bland. Ok, so there was mozzerella cheese on the inside and a big slice of normal cheese on the outside, but it was totally tasteless. Even the ham didn't help to make the omelette saltier.

As for the hashbrown, it was more like a piece of oil-soaked potato. Oil was practically oozing out the moment I bit into it, and after that, it was like drinking oil, without any taste of the hashbrown either. I didn't get to the muffin coz the omelette and the hashbrown were enough for me. Moreover, the husband gave me a "look" after he took a first few bites of the muffin which made me decided not to waste my time on it.

For the husband, he was quite happy with his breakfast set, especially since it came with 2 sunny-side ups. Not much complaints from him except that the pancake felt a little too hard. He liked the bacon and sausages too.

Anyway, no more Cartel breakfasts for me anymore. But I would still go for the lunch/dinner menu as they had not disappoint me so far. Moreover, there are new items on the menu and I'm definitely going to try them another time.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP