Tuesday, November 06, 2007

To the cinema : Stardust


It's been some time since I last watched or read any fairytales. If not for the free tickets from Chris, I don't think I would ever pay to watch this movie.

Anyway, as far as fairytales go, 'Stardust' basically fulfill all the compulsory fairytale-need-to-haves:

1. The Hero(almost there)
- Not really my type of Prince Charming. Well, he did looked a little better after the magical haircut to change his really dumb-looking hairstyle (thank goodness!), but he's still not good-looking and sauve enough for me. But it was good enough that he didn't have to go around being a hero with that stupid nerdy hairstyle.

2. Damsel-in-distress ("in danger" in this case)
- Claire Danes! *whistles whistles*

3. Bad guy number 1 - Wicked witch
- She has got to be my favourite character of the movie! Michelle Pfeiffer played the wicked witch really well. The evil look on the face, in the eyes, and the way she casts the spells... sounds like the real thing!

4. Bad guy number 2 - Septimus

5. Ghosts (must have!)

6. A beautiful girl that all guys loved, who, in the end, turned out to be a real bimbo

7. The him-bo who will always be the cool one, the one who is a real male chauvinist, but turns out to be the real loser in the end

And last but not least,

8. Romance... *sigh* + happily-ever-after (er... not too sure about that)

All in all, a not-too-bad show. Maybe age has made me more of a skeptic for this type of show, but I did have a few good laughs. My favourite scene is the one where Tristan was in the stable and asked what was the name of the "girl" who sent him the drink... and a very manly sounding "Bernard" came out from the "girl". Wahahaha.

Oh, one last thing. Did anyone, besides me, feels that the guy who acted as young Dunstan Thorn (Tristan's father) is much much better looking than Tristan himself?

Charlie Cox as Tristan
--> hmmm... ok la.


Ben Barnes as young Dunstan Thorn
--> Oh My Goodness!!!! *faints*

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP