Sunday, October 14, 2007

Potato salad

Managed to "catch" this very simple potato salad recipe from Jamie Oliver's show. So, I decided to try it out and brought it for the "guinea pigs" since we are going to the boss's place for Hari Raya gathering later. Heh.

It's actually quite easy to make:
Just some bite-sized potatoes, cooked them for about 10 minutes, drained, then toss with fresh dill, olive oil, a few drops of lemon juice, salt, pepper and a handful of capers.

The time-consuming part is to peel the potatoes. Because I bought them in bite-sized, so it's not easy to use the peeler. Instead, I boiled them with their skins on, then transferred them immediately to a pot of cold water. The skin comes off easier this way.

However, I think I bought the wrong type of potato. The ones I bought seem more suitable for mashing. But the end product is still edible... at least the guys have to pretend to enjoy it. Haha.

Oh, by the way, this potato salad is meant to be served hot/warm, not cold.


For those of you who are not sure what are capers (like me when I first heard it), below is the picture. I think it is mostly sold preserved in a bottle. I bought mine from Carrefour.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP