Monday, June 18, 2007

Guiding Lights

What is a guiding light? A light that guides people?
How can a light that doesn’t move guide people along?
Or is the light a stationary one but it leads people towards it?

A recent show I watched inspired me. The actress said ‘I want a man who can guide me where to go because I do not know where to go’. This quote set me thinking. In life, do we guide one other? Parents? Spouse? Friends? Colleagues? Who actually?

After some thoughtful thinking, I guess in life, we need people to guide us along at different stages of our life and I think that can change our lives. From young, our parents guide us and tell us what to do, what is right or what is wrong. But, what is right? And what is wrong? A young child borne into a normal family will most probably be guided as what is wrong and what is right, but to a young child borne to a poor family or rather, a bad family, might be taught that lying and cheating to get what they want is right, because, they have to be taught how to survive in this world.

When we are growing up and when we go to school, teachers and friends could be our guiding light. Teachers bear great responsibilities as they impart their knowledge as well as moral education to their students. Friends are the most influential, mixing with the right and wrong company can change a person’s life. During my school days, I have friends who turned to the ‘dark side’ and I could see their life change drastically after they graduated from school. If a guiding light was there at that moment of time, would it have changed their future? Or was it the ‘dark’ light they followed that changed their fate?

As we grow older and graduated and step out into the working life, our colleagues would be the ones who would be more influential. My work has exposed me to lots of people and different people do really show different characters. I guess so far in my life, I have been very lucky to have met a quite a number of good people who have guided me well. Could it have been better? Or could it have been worse? I don’t dare to think else wise.
Well, I guess the bottom line is, if we believe in ourselves and with the proper bright guiding lights that keep appearing in our lives, we can definitely strive for the better when opportunities and chances come along. I wish everyone all the best.

spyder

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP