Monday, March 26, 2012

Babysitter for the day

The husband and I had decided to take one day off from work to help look after my niece for the day, as my Mum was accompanying my Dad to the hospital for a colonoscopy, and my sister and brother-in-law were having a short weekend getaway in Malacca. 

As my niece was quite a creature of habit, we had prepped her a few days before that we would be the ones to bring her to and back from school today. And also to bring her to eat xiao long bao (小笼包) for lunch if she was on her best behaviour for the time in school. Coz according to my mum, she would sometimes cry in class for no reasons.

So, when I met her after her class this morning, the first thing she said to me was "大姨,我今天没有哭。" Haha.. funny little thing. Which means that she could have not cried in class at all for all these while, if she wanted to.


Happy. After school, and all ready to eat! 

 Keeping herself occupied while waiting for the food to arrive.

 Giving her full attention, and enjoying the xiao long bao thoroughly

At our place. Letting her watch some YouTube videos to kill time while waiting for her parents to come collect her

After babysitting today, I really admire my parents for taking care of my niece, Mondays to Fridays, and also kudos to all those full-time babysitters. The husband and I were quite tired by the time my sister came to pick her up around 5pm. On one hand, it was really fun spending time and bonding with the little tyke. On the other hand, it was also a little stressful and tiring coz we had to be on constant alert and lookout as to where she was running to and what she was doing. 

1 comments:

little tÜtÜ May 30, 2012 at 2:49 PM  

try baby sitting my xinxin for a day.. think u both will faint haha :p

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP