Friday, August 14, 2009

The key to 21st

I can't believe I had forgotten to post about Piglet. Yes, the baby of the family had turned 21 on the 8th of August. It made me feel old just thinking about it, or maybe it was because my own 21st birthday was a decade ago. So, due to this age gap, Yun (3 years younger than me) and I practically watch her grow up.

I know this is going to sound kind of silly, but when the birthday song was sang last weekend, there was a mixture of emotions for me. Of course I'm happy that she is finally 21, and all grown up. But there was also this tiny sense of loss... which I don't know how to explain it. I wondered if this was what Papa and Mama felt as they looked as us celebrating our 21st birthdays, and then getting married.

And since this is a very special year for her, I won't be digging out any silly-looking photos of hers like what I did last year. Luckily I was in the mood a while back to scan in some old photos, and looks like they have come in handy...


So, once again, happy 21st, piglet. May this new journey of yours be filled with love, laughter, fun, and good health.


"Sisters don't need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks - expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs - that can undermine any tale you're telling."

~Pam Brown

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP