Sunday, February 08, 2009

Shrimp Wontons... from a box

After hearing some rave reviews about CP Shrimp Wontons from his colleagues, the husband decided to get a box to try it over the weekend.

Honestly, I'm rather skeptical when it comes to frozen boxed foods (except ice-cream, of course). I have the thinking that, if it is frozen, it will never taste as good as the real thing. Even if my cooking is bad, at least whatever I used is fresh. Maybe it's the constant influence from my mother. She was always talking about how frozen food will never compare to the fresh ones we bought from the market, blah, blah. When I was still living with her, I don't remember ever seeing any frozen boxed foods in the freezer.


Anyway, the husband was quite excited over these wontons and volunteered to cook them with some noodles for brunch.

I was quite surprised when I saw the cooked wontons. I didn't expect them to be so big, and from the looks of it, the skin was thin, and the shrimp inside was huge. There was absolutely nothing in the wonton skin except this big, fat succulent shrimp. I didn't think that once frozen and thawed, the shrimp could still remain so plump and juicy. Maybe some help came from the small packs of seasonings that came with the wontons to flavour the soup, but whatever it is, I'm sold.

3 comments:

spyder February 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

its the way the chef cooked the wantons babe.. :P

Whiskoffee March 3, 2009 at 3:33 AM  

Wow! I am salivating just by looking at these wantons... I am suddenly v hungry now... -.-"

levynn March 3, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

hi joshua... thanks for dropping by... :) anyway, u can get one pack of it to try... the wontons r quite easy to cook.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP