Monday, February 23, 2009

My dream diary

Dreams are sequence images, sounds and feelings experienced while sleeping, strongly associated with rapid eye movement sleep.

I have never, ever in my life had such vivid dreams continuously for a week... I wonder why...

Monday night :
I was queuing up at a busy fruit juice bar when a guy suddenly came in front of me and started to place his order. I was so angry that I shouted a "Hello!" at him. He turned around, saw the queue and then apologised. Since the husband didn't mentioned about hearing me shouting in the middle of the night (though he was not really a light-sleeper), I assumed that the shout was only confined in the dream.

Afterthought : Is this telling me that something/someone might piss me off so much so that I would shout at him/her in public?

Tuesday night :
This couple, who were also my neighbours started quarreling coz the man wanted a divorce. The woman strongly refused and went into the house with the kid while the man walked off angrily. After a while, the kid came out alone to us who were still standing at the corridor.

Someone went to knock on the door but the woman didn't answer. So a few of the others decided to bang down the door. After a few strong pushes, a large piece of wood at the side of the door suddenly came down. At the opposite side of the window, the woman had hung herself and her face was smashed against the glass.

Afterthought : I was jerked awake and it always sucked that it was the time in the middle of the night when everything was so quiet around. It didn't help much that my mind kept going back to the image, and my imagination was speeding without brakes.

Wednesday night:
I was told that I had only a limited period of time to live. However, I cannot tell anyone about it. I must come up with a list of things to accomplish, and names of people I want to meet and talk to before I "go". I saw my parents and I suddenly realised that they had really grown old, and I hadn't really done anything to repay them for raising me.

Afterthought : Once in a while, there will be this dream that even when you wake up from it, you cannot stop thinking about it. What was worse was that the feeling of sadness and helplessness remains for quite a while.

Thursday night :
I had gone to exchange my old EZ link card for the new one. However, the counter auntie told me that the new one was out of stock, and so she gave me a receipt to allow me to continue using the old one.

So, as I was coming out from one MRT station, the personnel stopped me and asked why I wasn't using the new card, and demanded to see the receipt. I dug into my gigantic bag and realised the receipt could not be found. So, in the middle of the MRT station, I sat down and emptied out my whole bag onto the floor and finally found the receipt in between a book.


Afterthought : Maybe I should go change my EZ link card soon.

Friday night :
I did have a dream, but it was so short that I couldn't remember what it was.

Afterthought : Most likely the mind was more relaxed since the weekend had arrived.


Saturday night :
Yun and I brought my late grandma (my paternal one) to this very big coffeeshop for a meal. She appeared to be very well and healthy, and asked for roasted duck and char siew rice, which was one of her favourite kind of food when she was still around.

Afterthought : It had been some time since I last dreamt about my ah mah...

Sunday night :
I was in this boutique, and was rushing to the front of the store, and then to the fitting rooms at the back. To and fro, to and fro... at least 6 - 7 times. I was not sure what I was doing... but definitely not trying any clothes coz I didn't remember going into the fitting room. Hmmm... maybe I was the owner of the boutique... ooohhh....

Afterthought : I realised that I can feel sadness, happiness and anger in a dream. But after all that "running"... there was no sense of tiredness...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP