Sunday, April 27, 2008

Strawberry Cheesecake Squares (modified)


Yes, two cheesecakes over two weekends. I need to test out my gelatin theory, remember? So, I decided not to make the same lemon cheesecake again.

I stumbled upon this recipe and thought it didn't look that difficult. So, why not give it a try?


Ok, I admit the photo looks a little horrible (coz the jam just oozes out when we tried to cut it). I also admit that once again, something went wrong along the way. It's the strawberry jam this time. Mama said it's too sweet. And I think maybe I chose the wrong type, or most likely it's better to use fresh strawberries, which is quite a feat to find them sweet and fresh over here.

But whatever it is, what's done is already done, just take it as a lesson learnt. You people just have to bear with this one, gain a few more pounds for me to help me finish it. Heh.

Strawberry Cheesecake Squares (modified)

Ingredients:
- 10 pieces of digestive biscuits, crushed
- 125g butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- strawberry jam
- 5 teaspoons of gelatin, mixed with hot water

Directions:
1. For the crust, melt the butter in a pan over the stove and add in the crushed digestive biscuits. Stir till butter and biscuit crumbs are properly mixed, pour into tin and refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours.

2. Put a layer of strawberry jam over the refrigerated crust and refrigerate for another hour.

3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk, gelatin and lemon juice. Mix until smooth. Pour mixture into crust. Refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours.

After this, I've concluded that gelatin really does help to set the cheesecake faster and give it a firmer texture.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP