Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Easy Chicken Cacciatore

Honestly, when I first saw the title of this recipe, it was the word "easy" that caught my attention, not the unfamiliar "Cacciatore". It was such a simple recipe that I didn't bother to check out what "cacciatore" meant until I started on this entry.


Anyway, from the picture, it already showed what an easy dish this is. Come to think of it, the end product looks more like a chinese dish rather than something from the west. It also looks like something my Mum could whip up anytime, even without a recipe. But anyhow, being a novice in cooking, I dutifully followed the recipe, worried that something might go wrong, even for a dish that looks this simple.

Maybe the ingredient that made the difference of east and west for this dish is the addition of the dried oregano. I believe the dish will be good even without the dried oregano, but with its addition, it kind of make it more "westernised", and it actually goes quite well with all the other ingredients.

As I read the reviews from other readers about this recipe, I wanted to make it with more sauce so as to go better with white rice, but my chicken stock had expired. So maybe for the next time, I'll try to add some chicken stock to it, as suggested by the reviews. The husband will most likely also point out the lack of sauce coz he's the kind who will "drown" his rice in whatever sauce available.

Easy Chicken Cacciatore (from : allrecipes)

2 servings

Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 pound chicken meat, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green beans
(I used french beans)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano


Directions:
1. In a large skillet, saute onion, garlic and bell pepper until soft. Add chicken, then stir in tomatoes, beans and oregano.

2. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and serve hot.

1 comments:

Anonymous March 5, 2008 at 3:45 AM  

Not Bad.. =) Not forgetting I add the eggy inside.. :P

- The Husband

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP