Monday, December 03, 2007

Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew


Since today is the first day of my one-week break, decided to whip up something for the husband and the piglet - Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew.

Not the really soupy kind of stew... more of like a kind of tomato sauce for pasta or rice. But we had it with some toasted white bread and it was good.

If you decided to try the recipe, remember to have chopped onions and fresh tomatoes as stated. I just cut my tomatoes to cubes and piglet helped to cubed the onion (coz she won't teared) as well... and in the end, they ended up a little too chunky. Need them to be in smaller pieces.

Also, one thing I changed was the cheese. I used grated Parmesan, as I realised that the stated feta cheese was goat cheese... not really to our tastes. I don't know how will it turned out if I followed using the feta cheese... but my grated Parmesan was ok.

Maybe I'll try it again and had it with pasta the next round. I followed the amount on the recipe and it filled the three of us just nicely.

Just for those who are not too sure of the conversions in the recipe :
1 ounce = abt 28 grams
1 pound = abt 455 grams

This metric conversion website may come in useful.

Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew (from : allrecipes)

4 servings

Ingredients:

- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley

Directions:

1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, dill, mustard, honey and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add the shrimp, cheese and parsley; simmer 5 minutes longer.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP