Sunday, May 20, 2007

Time really does fly

There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at,
and who steals what is most precious to men: time.
~Napoleon I, Maxims, 1815

A look at the calendar shows that the June school holidays is only one week away. Come to think of it, time really gets away from us when we are not noticing it.

In the recent years, once in a while, I would find myself thinking back what I had been doing all the past years. There were both good and bad times, and of course, some times which I really hoped that I could go back to and change whatever I had been doing then. Maybe if I hadn't done what I did before, things might be so much different now. But then again, what's past is past. There is also no use looking back and regretting. We all have to move on. We just try not to make the same mistake again. As the famous saying goes "Time and tide wait for none".

How true that is.

Our littlest cousin, YQ, has started to wear that typical teenager brooding look, and has the potential to grow taller than any of us, when just years back, he used to be the shortest. He is getting to the stage where the answer to everything that everyone asks him is "Um, yes.", "Hm, ok." He's the baby of the family and all of us were calling him "baby". But I guess that would have to change soon. He's becoming a young man. We can no longer pinch his cheeks, ruffle his hair, or play with him like we used to. But I'm sure that no matter what, he will always be the baby in our hearts.

My little sister has started on her first vacation job. She is a happy scooper at an ice-cream outlet. It is good to see that she is enjoying her job and is working well with people, and is friendly and open to different customers she sees everyday. I'm really surprise that she is actually enjoying being in the service line. I hope that she has found what she likes and wants to do for her future.


Time is free, but it's priceless.
You can't own it, but you can use it.
You can't keep it, but you can spend it.
Once you've lost it, you can never get it back.
~ Harvey MacKay

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP